Neues Schloss Meersburg
Schlossplatz 12
Tel. +49/7532/8079410

New Castle

Baroque lustre both outside and inside.
Both the castle and its museums are worth a visit.

The New Castle was built between 1712 and 1760 as residency of Constance Prince Bishops. Master-builder was Christoph Gessinger, the stairwell was planned by Balthasar Neumann, with frescoes by Giuseppe Appiani and stuccos by Carlo Pozzi. Today temporary exhibitions are organized in the Castle, as well as concerts (International Castle Music Concerts) congresses and conferences.

Barocke Pracht: Das Schloss Meersburg

The Castle served as a residence for the Prince Bishops for about 50 years only; from the secularization till today it has been used for different purposes and was last completely restaured between 1996 and 1999. The Prince Bishops’ Castle Museum on the 2nd floor of Beletage offers the possibility to visit the living and representation rooms of the Prince Bishops. Magnificent furniture, wainscots, stoves, numerous paintings and the former house altar are evidence of royal glamour.

  • Stadt Meersburg am Bodensee
  • Marktplatz 1
  • 88709 Meersburg
  • Telefon 00 49 75 32 / 440-0